Personal Coaching Programmes
Personal Coaching is an ideal way to maximise individual effectiveness; sessions are both challenging and thought-provoking but above all highly successful in the area of behavioural change and skills enhancement. This programme is ideal in scenarios where individuals require assistance in integrating, influencing, managing and/or communicating more effectively within and outside of their team and at different levels of an organisation. The coaching process is also highly effective in times of change and supports progression towards promotion or future roles within the organisation and maximises performance and results overall.
Whilst all coaching interventions are tailored to the individual and the organisation objectives, broadly speaking a typical intervention may take the form outlined below, sessions are confidential in nature and objectives are agreed with the client in advance to ensure return on investment.
Generally individuals benefit from between three to six sessions in relatively quick succession but with sufficient time between sessions to enable solutions to existing challenges or newly evolving skills to be practiced by the coachee and subsequently reviewed with the coach.
Following the concluding session a review will take place with the client summarising outcomes to date and confirming an agreed way forward should further intervention be deemed appropriate.
Session 1: Introduction to our preferred coaching model
Introduction to the coaching model and how we will use it along with proven techniques to maximise personal effectiveness and impact moving forward and to formulate coaching goals and objectives unique to the coachee.
Session 2: Coaching Exercise
Detailed 1:1 coaching session progressing personal and professional goals and planned way forward for maximising personal results, contribution and effectiveness within the organisation.
Sessions 3-6: Review of Key Professional Challenges – Examples of which include:
- Outline of personal job role.
- Overview of associated pressures and circumstances/overcoming barriers and resistance.
- Overview of team dynamics/characters/difficult issues and specific personal challenges.
- Recognising the impact of personal style upon others, ‘It’s not the intention but the impact that counts!’ Raising self- awareness, focussing on aspects such as influencing skills, personal brand and projection, positive assertion and communication styles.
- Managing pressure, time and maximising resilience and wellbeing.
- Managing conflict, crucial and timely conversations and handling difficult situations
- Participants agree and implement a Personal Action Plan of measurable outcomes and progress is consistently reviewed.
Managing Communications Effectively
Detailed focus on interpersonal, influencing skills and team dynamics are reviewed throughout and consideration is given to communicating effectively with colleagues; recognising differing personal styles and the impact of personal styles on others; ‘reading the signs’ and recognising when relationships are in jeopardy are also considered.
Formulating plans to resolve/minimise interpersonal challenges and maximise collaborative working in future interactions may feature in addition to aspects such as personal and team values, trust and conflict resolution and management.
Solutions Focused Workshops
Following an initial meeting and brief with key stakeholders, we find it beneficial to conduct confidential 1:1 meetings (suggestion is 30 minutes per person) with all team members. The purpose of the meetings is to gain an individual perspective on team challenges, dynamics between individuals, to ascertain individual perspective on team vision and deliverables and the challenges faced in meeting those deliverables.
Feed-back from the 1:1’s enables us to ascertain whether some small facilitated mediation sessions may be appropriate where a depth and strength of feeling exists between individuals and where we believe issues may arise when working in the broader group, the aim being to find solutions for these individuals which would improve understanding and cultivate more harmonious and collaborative working relationships.
It may be that 1:1 coaching sessions are appropriate for some individuals in terms of personal projection and brand, managing behaviours, emotions and reactions and individual contribution towards the broader team vision and goals.
Once this ground work has been completed, we progress with a two day Team Dynamics Workshop, content incorporates team vision and goals, challenges faced in meeting those goals and an element of team building with a team based approach to the achievement of functional and operational goals. Emphasis is on maximising individual strengths and contributions for the greater good of the team and for the wider organisation. All team members commit to a Plan of Action on leaving the Workshop and outcomes measured throughout a three month period in-house culminating in a ‘Where are we now’- one day follow up Workshop three months after the Solutions Focussed Workshop has been concluded.
Being aware that emotions may be running high at times we recommend a focussed blended and open approach which does not allow for ‘old behaviours’ to prevail.
As a result of this proposed programme, individuals will:
- have discussed core business messages and referenced business vision and values
- work together to discuss the challenges they face in their roles and to ascertain what is detracting from team success and collaboration
- discuss suggested behaviours/competencies required for team success and formulate a draft set of competencies to be adopted to aid a sense of ‘team’ commitment
- focus on ‘where they are today’, the areas of change required for a ‘more effective tomorrow’; examine individual behavioural styles and their impact on others. The ultimate focus will be on working together with renewed effort and cooperation to achieve business targets and celebrate team success
- formulate and commit to Action Plans for improved effectiveness in the future
A range of problem solving techniques will be used to:
- review issues
- remove barriers
- devise solutions for improved collaboration, effective communication and improved personal and team effectiveness
Our workshops are targeted, focussed, practical, fun and interactive
We’d love to hear from you, whether it’s hearing about some of your challenges or telling you more about what we do. Please send us a message using our contact form to get us talking.